Windows series 6: Where's Bear? Stuffies in photographs.

Where's bear? - I did a series of photos where Bear was somewhere in the image.

I have taught photography for over 30 years now.  I started with film and darkroom, then switched over to digital imaging sometime in the early 2000s.  One of the things I used to do was to have my students photograph "stuffies of some character" in a series of photographs telling a story.  It was always a highlight of the course, and I have to applaud many of the entries as being very well done.  

Another thing I did was to take a small stuffed bear and photograph it in a variety of places.  The idea was to use the photos in an exhibition for children.  I have worked with kids for over 40 years and always like having interesting things to engage them.  I have Bear hidden in stores, outdoors, and in the street.

I met a lady who travelled to Europe and brought a favourite stuffed toy with her.  She photographed it in numerous famous places with the idea of putting a book together.  She had it with the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, and so on.  

My very first series with stuffed animals was done in 1984 when I took Crock (a stuffed toy my friend Alan gave me one year) across Canada with me.  I photographed it in numerous locations.  You can see one of the images below.

Crock arising from a Lake in Newfoundland, from slide film.

 Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do herons and egrets belong in the same or different groups?

Harjit Bahia - Science teacher and colleague from Garibaldi died August 2, 2024

My longsuffering search for the Western Meadowlark