Haystack Rock, Oregon, taken 2008 with Nikon D200


This is the third image in a series of blogs remembering the DSLR cameras I have owned.  After using the S1Pro (1st blog) and then the D70 (2nd blog), I ponied up and bought Nikon's D200.  It was a much more advanced camera and boasted a 10 mp sensor.  I bought it used from Henry's in Ontario, but some of the controls were a bit stiff and it limited my enjoyment of it.  

It turns out that 10 mp is quite a lot in terms of resolution; maybe not enough for significant cropping, but I have created 16x20 prints of this very shot that are stunning.  I used a slide scanner that was 10 mp and found that it was very capable of reproducing good digital images of my pre-digital world.  Today, many cellphone cameras produce images between 9 to 12 mp and are plenty large enough for the average user.

I sold my D70 at some point and bought a D90 as a second body.  I like to have two cameras, one with a long lens for wildlife and a second for landscapes and portraits.  The d90 is the next camera to be discussed.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do herons and egrets belong in the same or different groups?

Harjit Bahia - Science teacher and colleague from Garibaldi died August 2, 2024

My longsuffering search for the Western Meadowlark