Meadows Garden Golf Course in Maple Ridge shot with Fuji S1Pro in 2005

 


I thought I would do a series of photos with the theme of the camera body used to take it.  The above photograph was taken in 2005 with Fujifilm's S1 Pro DSLR camera.  I was photographing snow scenes at the time and was using the rule of thirds as a compositional guideline.  Exposure compensation was used to make the snow white instead of gray.  

The Fuji camera was the first DSLR I bought.  I was using film up until that point, although I had some experience with compacts.  I purchased the Fuji camera because I could use all of my FE II's lenses.  It was a period of learning for me as the difference between film and sensor-captured images is significant.  It did, however, allow me to meld my computer knowledge with my photography knowledge and I wrote my first edition of The DSLR. It is currently in its 4th edition and now is called DSLR and Mirrorless Cameras.  I am teaching a course on it starting next week.

It has been about 24 years since I bought that camera body.  I ended up wrecking it by attaching an old flash to it; the trigger voltage of old flashes exceeds what the camera was built for and I blew out some of the electronics.  Although I was sad at the loss, it allowed me to purchase my next DSLR, Nikon's D70.  I will write about that next day.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do herons and egrets belong in the same or different groups?

Harjit Bahia - Science teacher and colleague from Garibaldi died August 2, 2024

My longsuffering search for the Western Meadowlark