The Wailua River in Kauai, Hawaii

Mauna Kapu (left) and the Wailua River (right) in Kauai, Hawaii.

I photographed this while on an excursion from our cruise to Hawaii.  We parked along the precipice on Kuamo'o Road and we witnessed a majestic scene.  The mountain is just over 200 meters high; to give you a sense of scale there are two kayakers on the water on the first inside curve of the river.  There is a cropped image below to help you better locate them.

Kayakers on the Wailua River, cropped from the above photo.

We went on the Fern Grotto excursion next and I got lots of shots, many I will share in later blogs.  I am including an image of someone I photographed kayaking; I took it from the open-air boat we were on as we returned from the trip.

Kayaker on the Wailua River, Kauai.


 While we were up on the highway where I captured the fist image, we had a modest look at the Opaekaa Falls that were on the other side of the road.  The falls feed a different river.  The view was OK, but I would have loved to see the basin the falls poured into.  My shot was only modest at best.  You can see it below.

Opaekaa Falls (crop on right) as seen from the highway.

The Fern Grotto trip was OK but I would have loved to spend more time exploring rather than being shuffled about with restricted opportunities to wander.  Even so, the trip was good and I did get to photograph some pretty awesome things.

Thanks for reading.   

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The passing of a generation

Hang in there, things will get better.

Northern Rough winged swallow