Kaloya Regional Park, Oyama, BC


These are some of the birds I have photographed at Kaloya Regional Park today and a few days ago.  They are as follows (I think):

  1. Willow flycatcher
  2. Juvenile pygmy nuthatch
  3. Red-shafted flicker
  4. Male Calliope hummingbird
  5. Bullock's oriole
  6. Cedar Waxwing
  7. California Quail with chicks
  8. Male Harry woodpecker
  9. California gull
Each one has a story and I will no doubt write a blog on it in the near future.  I have already written a blog on the Bullock's oriole (click here).

If you are interested in finding this amazing site, see the map below.


I have been there twice and will likely go again soon hoping to find some other new bird species I haven't seen before.  My best find was the Calliope hummingbird; I have wanted to see one for years and this was my first encounter (I actually saw two).

Just a note:  the woodpecker and California gull were seen nearby but not there, although I am sure that they would certainly be in the area at some point.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Northern Rough winged swallow

Working out life's problems.