Cell Phone Photography Book - 2nd edition


As many of you know, I teach courses in Photography.  I have taught them from home, from school, through continuing education, through recreation centers, and even through the church.  My first book, General Photography, was written around 1996 and was based on film cameras.  In 2000 I bought my first DSLR camera and wrote a book called Digital Photography.  Over the years, as digital cameras changed, my book grew through 4 different editions.  I have also written books on Photographing Birds, Macro Photography, Photography for Teachers, Advanced Photography, and a book called Digikids which was geared toward children.

My two latest books included one I wrote a blog on earlier (Situational Photography) and the one mentioned above.  My Cell Phone Photography is now in its second edition.  It is comprised of 42 pages and includes information on both Android and iOS devices.  

My go-to choice for a camera has always been something in a SLR-type format.  Currently, that means either a DSLR or a mirrorless camera, both of which can take interchangeable lenses.  Cell phone cameras have been something I have used as a convenience when not sporting a larger one.  Admittedly, I have not had a lot of experience with Android cell phone cameras and even less with iPhone devices.  The first edition of the book was as much an attempt to learn as it was to teach.  After teaching a few classes I found that I needed to make some alterations.

And so the second edition is now completed.  I probably kept about half of what I had and updated, appended, or changed what was originally there.  I think the volume is much better and I am looking forward to teaching my new classes with it - the first one starts in one week from yesterday.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment