Situational photography - a new photography course.

As many of you know, I have been teaching photography courses for many years now.  I started out of my house in the 90's with film and even did some darkroom courses.  Over the years I have transitioned to digital and have written about a dozen course books, some that I have sold to bookstores.  

We moved to Kelowna two years ago, waiting for the dust to settle in the wake of COVID-19.  I started teaching again last year and put together a course on cell-phone photography.  It started slowly but now I have a full class to teach soon and a full waiting list to boot.  Other courses I have offered have not been run as there were not enough students registered - until now.

I found out last night that my course on situational photography - how to take pictures in certain situations - is full and starts tonight.  I haven't had anything prepared because this is the first time it has actually had enough students to warrant running.  So, last night I put together chapter 1 - how to photograph wildlife.  I got done at 10:00 this morning and it is off to be printed where I will be teaching.

I have to admit, I did not think it would ever run.  But here we are now, and I have 3 more chapters to write.  I will be working on those this coming week.  Chapter 1 is 16 pages and includes the photographs shown above.  They are done in black and white because it will be printed that way; colour is very expensive to print and few people want to pay for that extra perk.  

I enjoy writing and think I put together a decent resource.  I have a few other courses in the wind; we will see if any of them take flight.  Who knows, I may be surprised.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment