Ozempic - before and after - so far.

Eric before Ozempic (left) and after Ozempic (right).

It has been about 8 weeks now that I have been on Ozempic.  It took me 5 weeks at the 0.25ml dose before I felt that I could endure the 0.5ml amount.  My plan is to stay at the 0.5ml injection and see where it goes.  I am interested in results, and if I achieve my goals without increasing the dose then I will.

I have lost 20-25 pounds so far.  I am 5' 9" (on a good day) and weighed in at about 185 last year.  My weight this morning was 165.  I haven't been at that weight since I was first married, over 30 years ago now.  I am snoring less and both of us are sleeping better.  

The best news though is that my A1c numbers have been on the decline.  A year ago it was around 9.5.  A stricter diet and Jardiance brought it down to 8.6.  My last test, a week ago, came up at 7.6.  Given the fact that I have been on Ozempic only for 8 weeks and it takes ~90 days for all the red blood cells in the body to be replaced through natural processes, I would think my next test will be in the just under 7 range.

My blood pressure also seems to have improved as I am clocking in at around 130/85.  I will continue to monitor it as I have stopped taking my blood pressure medication because I found I was getting dizzy.  We will see how that goes.  High blood pressure and high A1c levels are a ticket to a lot of pain and an early grave.

The downside is that I feel nauseous often.  I am eating less than half of what I am used to but admit to feeling satiated and have had no sugar lows.  My best friend has turned out to be ginger Gravol as it keeps me from being physically ill.  Even then, there is a certain amount of discomfort.  I took one an hour ago and am still feeling queasy, but not as bad as earlier.  At least I can do stuff.

I think that Ozempic will be the ticket, at least for the short term.  Eventually, I expect to be on insulin.  However, for the moment I will be happy with diet, exercise, and medicinal aides.  

I hope this has been of some help to those facing similar problems.  All the best.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment