Old farm buildings - Cypress Hills, Alberta
Kathryn (my wife of 37 years) and I have been visiting Cypress Hills Provincial Park for a few days now. Today we did a circle tour going up to the plateau. The outlook was spectacular, and as we continued our travels we came across a half-dozen derelict buildings that are part of a homestead long since abandoned. I love photographing old buildings like this, and I had to stop to get some photos.
I took eight or so shots, this is one of the better ones. I used my Z7ii camera for this, the 46 mp images are suitable for significant enlargements. I have a 16x20 file of this shot I will print when I get home.
I looked the farm up on Google Maps. I put a dot on it about where I was when I took the photo. The lines show the angle of view from the 34 mm setting I had on my 24-70 f/4 Nikon Zs lens. I tried not to stay long as I have no idea whose property it was; there was no "no trespassing" signs and I admit I took some liberties. I guess it is one of those times where it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
Anyways, I am thrilled with my photos.
Thanks for reading.
Eric Svendsen www.ericspix.com


Comments
Post a Comment