Summer in Kelowna, 2021, shot with Nikon Zfc


I decided to buy Nikon's Zfc camera, a 20 mp APS-C format classic design body, partly because it was on sale and partly because I wanted a second body for my Z series lenses.  I could use the Z7ii in crop sensor mode, which produces a 20 mp DX image instead of a 48 mp FX image, but the second body would give me some redundancy should my main camera fail.

I actually haven't used it a lot, but I found the classic design appealing and now have it set up as a macro system.  I am hoping to get more use out of it this coming spring and summer when insect activity begins.  

The one thing I don't care for is that it uses a different battery than all my other Nikon cameras.  The D600, 750, 7000, 7100,7200 and Z7ii bodies all use the EN-EL 15 battery and they are all interchangeable.  I have extra batteries that I keep charged so I can swap them out at any moment.  The Zfc uses different batteries and a different charger.  The reason, according to Nikon, is because it is tailored to the smaller size and specific needs of the camera.  I think it was just to save money.

Anyways, it is a nice little camera; compact and capable.  I am sure I will get to use it more as the weather improves.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do herons and egrets belong in the same or different groups?

Harjit Bahia - Science teacher and colleague from Garibaldi died August 2, 2024

My longsuffering search for the Western Meadowlark