Baseboards - It's about time

Painting baseboards - getting ready for installation.

We have been in this house now for about 2-1/2 years.  It took a  year and a half to get the inside to a place where we could live comfortably.  It took about a year to get the outside to the same place.  And yet there is still lots to do.

A good example is the baseboards.  They have been sitting downstairs in the unfinished basement - another project for another day - since I bought them long ago, waiting patiently for my attention.  The opportunity has come and so now I have got my first 5 painted.  They await another coat, then the next five will be done.  Then I will install those ten.  Repeat this process three more times.  Forty 10' boards - 400 feet to be painted, cut, and installed.

Kathryn is away visiting her mom, our daughter, and her dear friends back in the Lower Mainland.  And so, it has fallen to me (insert big sigh for me here please), to go at it again.  I worked outside for the last two days and, although it is cold, I finished a couple of projects there that needed attention.  Today it is the baseboards; it will take me four days if things work out.

What will I do after this?  Well, didn't you know?  I am just getting started.  It seems that owning a house is both an investment and a hobby.  The projects just never end.  Another big sigh, if you please.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment