Sunflower field near Agassiz, BC

 

While preparing to attend a friend's wedding, we drove by a field of sunflowers near Agassiz.  It turns out the farm was hosting the area's sunflower festival.  Intrigued, we stopped in to have a look and hopefully get some photos.  Unfortunately, access to the event came with a $20 charge per person, and I wasn't about to entertain spending $40 to get some photos of sunflowers.  

Instead, we pulled off to the side of the road in front of the helianthus crop, and I got out of my truck.  Instead of shooting from the roadside, I stood on top of the truck rack above the box.  That put my camera about 11 feet off the ground.  I shot a panorama of the image which I later stitched together using Photoshop (above image).  It produced a whopping file comprised of over 100 million pixels.  A cropped section of the original image shows the amount of detail present (bottom image).

So, other than risking life and limb by climbing on my truck's rack, did the increase in elevation make any real difference in the photo?  I will let you be the judge.  I photographed the scene from the ground and incorporated both images together as a means of comparison.  Have a look at the image below; what do you think?

Top:  sunflower scene shot from beside my truck.  Bottom:  shot from above my truck.

Thanks for reading.     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment

Working out life's problems.