Play fighting dachshunds.

Melee at the dachshund get-together.

My dog, Murphy, is a dachshund, and we bring him to the occasional dachshund club get-together.  He is normally a very shy dog.  He avoids other dogs by giving them a wide berth whenever possible.  However, he doesn't seem to mind meeting up with other dachshunds.  

I was walking him yesterday and a lady walking her own dachshund was coming from the opposite direction.  Murphy's reaction to other dogs is usually very predictable; not so with other members of his own breed.  They touched noses and actually shared a moment of canine closeness that rarely involves himself in.

Today we went to a birthday party for a 9-year-old wiener dog that had, via her owner, invited a host of other doxies.  There were about 12 of the little dears there and they scampered about playfully.  I took a few shots with my camera and long lens as I had it with me at the time.  The above shot was one of the better ones; I would normally use a different lens as I was out photographing birds and needed the longest focal length lens I had.

A good time was had by all, even our Murphy, who played a bit and didn't seem to mind being surrounded by others of his own kind.  Small steps, Murphy.  Very small steps.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment

Working out life's problems.