Explore your neighbourhood - it's amazing what you'll find

Knox mountain pond, behind my house.

I live just east of Knox Mountain in Kelowna.  I only have to walk a block or two to access a trail that leads to a maze of paths crisscrossing the landmark.  A couple of days ago I walked up the incline and discovered something unexpected; a pond.

The water body is not large, maybe the size of a football field.  Nonetheless, its existence was a pleasant surprise as it has given me a new goal in my striving to be active.  Not only do I now have a destination in my exercise regimen that excites me, but I also have a place where I can bring my camera and get a few inspiring photos.  Birds, scenery, insects, and who knows what else?

That's the great thing about getting outside, even if it is just in the neighbourhood.  There are things out there that you may not be aware of.  Besides, being active is important, especially as you get older.  I have always hated exercise just for its own sake; I would much rather have a goal in mind that facilitates more than the one objective.  Now, it seems, I have it.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment

Working out life's problems.