Birding in Kelowna

Click on the above image to get access to the full-size version.

I have been in Kelowna now for just under two years.  I was familiar with the areas where I lived in Maple Ridge and could go easily to them when the urge to photograph wildlife hit me.  Out here, though, everything is new and it has taken me a while to even learn about where to go, little own actually getting there.  I decided it was time for me to map out some local hotspots.

I have been to Munson Pond (1), Thomson Brook Pond (10), and Rotary Marsh (13) but nowhere else listed.  All the bird photos were taken at those three spots, except the quail, which was shot in my yard.  The green bars beside the listed names indicate the number of bird species seen there.  If you want to go to the website where I copied that from, click here.  It is a great resource.

I hope to go out today and take a few more photos.  I think I will visit Maude-Roxby Sanctuary.  I will let you know how it turns out tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Dastardly Dachshund Destroys Fabrics.