Remembering the past

Leanne with Kiesha (left) and Marble (right)

The thing I love most about digital imaging is the convenience of it all.  I have thousands of negatives and slides that I rarely look at because of the time it takes to go through them all, convert any one to a digital format, upload it to whatever device I am using, and then start the process of working with it.  My digital media, on the other hand, is stored electronically, labelled and filed categorically, and easily accessed and used.  The chances are that any shot has already gone through a workflow of cropping and various improvements to enhance it which means little effort beyond finding it is needed.

As I was working on a project for a friend, I found myself treading down memory lane as a host of images passed my eyes.  I came upon two photos of my daughter, Leanne, holding our first dachshund, Keisha, and another of her holding her newly acquired dog, Mable.  Each image brought a flood of memories back, visions I had not thought about for what seems like a millennium.  Both photos were taken within a year of each other; she is wearing the same jacket.  

I managed to get my project done and, in the process, ended up with some pictures to write a blog about.  It was also an enjoyable way to spend my moring.  What could be better?

I have to convert my older stuff into a digital format.  I have done about a thousand images so far but have many more to go.  That is one of the many projects I have waiting for me should I ever feel like there is nothing to do (a favourite childhood complaint - chores could take care of that problem immediately).  It turns out that, of all the places I have lived, my favourite is Memory Lane.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment

Working out life's problems.