All I want is for my children to be happy.

Nora's 2nd birthday party - My son's family on Chanelle's side.

Children.  The joy of our hearts and the bane of our existence.  Every day presents its own blessings and trials.  We all have hopes for our offspring.  But, at the end of each day, ultimately we pray that they would find happiness.  

We celebrated Nora's 2nd birthday yesterday with my son, Josh, Chanelle, his wife, and her family.  I had a good opportunity to witness my boy's in-laws and found that he was blessed with people that loved Nora and would be there for her, whatever her needs.  Josh was happy, something I had hoped for throughout his growing years.  I saw the joy that comes with a father and his daughter.  I saw that he was embraced by Chanelle's family.  And I saw contentment; all was good in his life.

What more can we ask for our children?  Health, happiness, and well-being.  I believe the future holds more of the same.  There will always be the spectre of Uncertainty.  That is something we live with each and every day.  Who knows what the future will bring, for any of us?  But, for today, I can say, that my son is happy.  And for that, I am thankful.

Thanks for reading.

Eric Svendsen     www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment

Working out life's problems.