Happy Birthday Bert!

 

I have been blessed with many friends, but there are a few in particular that I consider life-long buddies.  These are people that I have absolute trust in and whose families are intertwined with my own.  My friend Bert is one of those, an individual whose friendship goes beyond commonplace and surpasses even family.  I think we all have someone like that.

The above photo is of Bert's dog, Hunter.  I was out yesterday with him as the pair exercised the time-honoured tradition of fetch.  I took a similar photograph many years ago of his previous dog, Speedy; that image still adorns the walls of his house in memory of a beloved pet whose time has come and gone (click here to see that blog).  I wanted to provide another photo of his dog in action as a legacy photo that would be there for years.

We were out as the sun was just setting and dusk was weighing heavily in the air.  The dimming light required that I shoot at an ISO of 3200 in order to obtain decent shutter speeds for the racing animal.  Panning rarely produces a good image just after a few shots and so I went to work trying to end up with a decent photo.  Two hundred and fifty frames later we were done and it was time to head home.

I found six images that were useable.  Two of those made the final cut for my intended goal.  The first was to make a birthday card and the second was for an enlargement.  It's one of the things I like to do with my photography; create images that others value.  

Tomorrow I will pick out a suitable frame.  I am hoping that the encased moment will be hung beside Speedy.  After all, dogs are like family, just like my friend, Bert.

Thanks for reading.   www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Dastardly Dachshund Destroys Fabrics.