Jurassic World Dominion - Looking forward to this!


 Yes! It's finally here.  The conclusion to the Jurassic Park series will be shown this summer.  You can see the preview here.  

As a boy, I was always fascinated by dinosaurs.  I could never get my hands on enough books to satiate my yearning for information.  My favourite book was "The Enormous Egg" by Oliver Butterworth.  I must have read that thing 100 times.  I found a copy of it at a garage sale a few years ago, it brought back so many memories.

I am still captivated by the subject; my passion for the prehistoric has not passed (I'm positive!).  Alberta is, of course, one of the premier places in the world for such exhibits, and I had the good fortune to move there when I was 16.  The Tyrell Museum in Drumheller boasts an amazing collection of displays; I took the photograph above there in 2016 with my new (then) Nikon D600 and 20 mm f/2.8 Nikon prime lens.  

Another remarkable place to visit for dinosaurs aficionados is Dinosaur Provincial Park near Brooks, Alberta.  I visited there in 2010 at the end of a 5 day canoe trip down the Red Deer River.  I recall finding a hadrosaur centrum (park of the animal's backbone) laying on the ground just off the path I was walking on.  That, and a dozen other moments, made the journey there very memorable.

I have enjoyed all of the films that are now part of the Jurassic Park collection.  The first time I saw the original movie I literally jumped out of my seat in the theater when the velociraptor lept up at the girl escaping into the ceiling.  No other movie has ever affected me in such a visceral manner.  

I can hardly wait for the new film's release.  It makes me wonder if it will outdo the reaction I had to the first one.  Time will tell.

Thanks for reading.   www.ericspix.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Dastardly Dachshund Destroys Fabrics.