ERC - It's all fun and games until someone looses an i.

Eric at Joffrey Lake, BC.
I can't help it; I enjoy wordplay.  Puns, silly rhymes, double meanings, and goofy expressions seem to form at the tip of my tongue constantly.  I like playing with words and their meanings.  My musings sometimes leads me towards places I know to avoid, so I have to be careful not to go there.  It is a matter of self-control.  It is easy to live a double-life, to be a hypocrite, to say one thing yet do another.  In all my actions I try to do what I know is right, but I want to have fun while doing it.  I think it is one of the things my friends appreciate about me; I can be silly and play with words and ideas without going over the line.

That is the trick then in life as a whole.  Be the best you can be but colour within the lines.  I suppose the great irony here is what constitutes a line.  For me, they are defined somewhat rigidly by what I believe.  Others interpret them as wide, loosely established boundaries that seem to have no or few anchor points.  Two people can "colour between the lines" and yet produce very different metaphoric pictures with the same media.  Yet, ultimately, I believe that it's not the small lines that matter all that much.  It's the big ones that do.

I try to avoid religion in my blogs because my goal is to appeal to a wide-ranging audience without bias.  I preface this thought because of what comes next.  The ten commandments should be a fundamental core of human behaviour - the big lines as it were.  Do not kill.  Do not steal.  Have a monogamous relationship and stay in it.  Love others.  Honour your parents.  There are a few that some may balk at, like having no other gods and not swearing, but they are important to me.  I believe that society - the human race - benefits greatly from these values.  I get that some of them may make others uncomfortable.  As a whole, I see great value in them.

If you have read many of my blogs I hope you have become somewhat aware of who I am and what it is that motivates me.  I love taking photos, I love the outdoors and creatures of all types, I love teaching, and I love to write, especially if I can be a little silly and have some fun doing it.  Each blog takes me about an hour if you throw in the time it takes to process an image.  I consider it time well spent.  I hope that it makes some difference in your life.  I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read them.  Thank you, very much.

Thanks for reading.   www.ericspix.com   Eric Svendsen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Happy to be alive - enjoy the moment

Working out life's problems.