Coyote proves to be elusive.

Coyote in Maple Ridge, BC.
Although I really enjoy photographing birds, all wildlife interests me.  The opportunity to photograph mammals tends to be quite rare; when given the chance I will jump at it.  Most of our wild furry friends are quite aloof.  They are aware of our clumsy ploddings and withdraw to a secretive hideaway to avoid discovery.  Once in a rare while one may be seen.

Evidence of coyotes is present on many of my wanderings.  Usually in the form of scat, the clues offer some insight into their rather broad diet.  It is rare to come across them in the middle of the day.  I was out enjoying a local trail when the above one was startled by my presence.  I must have been somewhat familiar with humans though as it sauntered off with little more than a pugnacious glare.  It was the raised hackles which lent me warning.

I quickly photographed it and managed to get three or four shots off before it disappeared.  Always hopeful to get a better photograph than the one I just got, I followed where it had vanished to find that its allusive disposition served it well.  It was gone.

All that was left was the photos I took and the tell-tale scat left behind as evidence of its existence.

Thanks for reading.  www.ericspix.com   Eric Svendsen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hang in there, things will get better.

Working out life's problems.

Dastardly Dachshund Destroys Fabrics.